This picture has been making the rounds in the interwebs today and it looks very convincing to me, guess we will see in a few weeks if it is accurate or not.
Starting today you can order a 2012 CC, there is no info regarding whats new but trim levels remain the same as 2011 but V6 engines wont be built for a little while.
I personally think that VW will introduce a 5 seater CC to plug the whole left by the departure of the Passat in the US line up. The 2012 CC goes on sale this November.
For 2011 Volkswagen is making big changes to the CC line up. Among the big changes is making navigation standard equipment on the entire line up but the Sport model. VW is also dropping the FWD VR6 model in favor of the AWD model at the top of the range. The full breakdown of changes follows:
– Sport includes standard features plus 17‐inch “Phoenix” alloy wheel and the same standard features as MY2010 CC Sport (minus fog lamps), 9W7 Bluetooth, MDI interface
– CC R‐Line Package (W72) still available on Sport, does include fog lamps
– Lux includes standard features above plus fog lamps,, heated washer nozzles, 18‐inch “Daytona” alloy wheels, dual‐zone Climatronic climate control, brushed aluminum interior with chrome rings on window switches/door panels, and new RNS315 navigation system. NOTE: “Lux” does NOT have the following features: Homelink, Park Distance Control, Sunroof, leather sport seats, or memory seats/mirrors.
– Lux Plus includes features above plus: RNS510 navigation system, rearview camera, footwell lighting, Homelink, dash and door inserts in Vavona wood trim, tilting panoramic sunroof
– Lux Limited includes features above plus: bi‐xenon headlights with AFS, and 18‐inch “Interlagos” alloy wheels
– VR6 4MOTION Executive includes features above plus: 18‐inch polished “Interlagos” alloy wheels, heated and ventilated front seats, memory seats/mirrors, paddle shifters, power rear sunshade, premium MFI display, standard 4MOTION all‐wheel drive, Park Distance Control sensors, headlight washer system, Dynaudio
– Island Gray exterior color no longer available
‐ Mocha Anthracite exterior color no longer available
‐ Fog Lights deleted on Sport
– Rear side thorax airbags (4X4) no longer available
– V‐Tex leatherette seating standard, black or cornsilk, no leather seats available on 2.0 TSI models
– Cornsilk beige two‐tone leather no longer available on VR6
– Black leather seats standard on VR6 4MOTION model
– Voice‐controlled Bluetooth (9W7) with audio streaming and phonebook download standard
– MDI with iPod cable now standard
– Delete Dynaudio sound system option (available with VR6 4MOTION model only)
– New RNS315 navigation system standard in Lux
– RNS510 navigation system standard in Lux Plus, Lux Limited and VR6 Executive
– New heated AND ventilated leather seats standard on VR6 Executive
– VR6 Models now available with 4MOTION all‐wheel drive only, no more front‐wheel drive VR6 models
Big thanks to Paul Semhon for collaborating for this post