Category Archives: Diesel
Volkswagen Announces Strongest Sales Month in Eight Years
April sales total 28,542 units, a 23 percent increase over prior year sales
HERNDON, Va. (May 3, 2011) – Volkswagen of America, Inc. today reported 28,542 units sold in April 2011, a 23 percent increase over prior year sales and the company’s best sales month since November 2003. Year-to-date sales are up 17 percent.
“We are gaining traction in the U.S. market,” said Jonathan Browning, President and CEO, Volkswagen of America, Inc. “With our Jetta model continuing to lead the way, the numbers show our product line up is responding to consumers needs for performance, precision engineering and smart fuel economy.”
Volkswagen Jetta sales totaled 16,955 – a 74 percent increase over last year. Sport utility vehicles Touareg and Tiguan experienced 62 percent and 47 percent sales increases, respectively. CC sales increased 39 percent over prior year. Volkswagen’s high-mileage, clean diesel TDI models accounted for more than 23 percent of all April sales.
“The enthusiasm and demand for our products is unmistakable and we see this trend continuing when the new Beetle and U.S.-built Passat hit showroom floors this fall,” said Browning.
well folks here it is! The all new 2012 Volkswagen Beetle
– 71.2 inches wide (3.3 inches wider), 58.5 inches tall (.5 inches lower) and 168.4 inches long (6 inches longer)
– 3 engines 170HP 2.5L, 140HP 2.0TDI, and 200 HP 2.0 Turbo TSI
– 5 speed manual on 2.5, 6 speed manual on 2.0TDI and 2.0T
– Optional 6 speed Automatic, 6 speed DSG in TDI and TSI
– 200HP model gets XDS from GTI
– Turbo models get gauge pod with oil temperature, clock with stopwatch function and boost pressure gauges.
– 2 trim levels “design” and “sport”
– Premium features such as a touch screen radio, RNS315 navigation, Fender audio, KESSY push button start, bi xenon headlamps with LED DRLs,and panoramic roof that actually opens (looking at you CC) will be offered
VW is now offering dealer installed engine block heaters for 2008 and newer Jetta TDI sedan and Sportwagen. Prices will vary from dealer to dealer but expect to pay around $400 for the 2009-2010 models and $600 for the 2011 models.
|Engine pre-heater 2.0 CR, Diesel engine, Manual Transmission.Simple and effective way to help ease cold weather starting of your Volkswagen model. Helps engine starting, and avoid extended idling in cold temperatures, by heating up your engine coolant.
The engine pre-heating system is supplied as a complete installation kit with heating element, fitting and connecting cable. It is connected to the power supply either directly or with a timer.
Vary operating period depending on the outside temperature:
-20c = 3.0 Hours