Category Archives: 2013
Rumor was that VW considered bringing the special edition GTI 35 to the states. Today VW of America said that there is no way in hell that car is coming here! Ok maybe they weren’t so harsh about it but yeah, it is not coming here. VW’s excuse is that the GTI sells well as it is, the Golf R will be out soon and the curbs in the US will destroy the front bumper ( 2004 GLI 1.8T ring any bells?).
As a consolation price they have released an app for iOS devices featuring the GTI 35 and all 6 GTI generations racing around a track. How unfair would it be to put a MKI up agaist an MKVI? if you want the App you can get it from this itunes link.
- Must have a full-time job or a commitment letter from your future employer.
- Graduating in the next six months, or have graduated in the past 24 months.
- VW will make your first month’s payment, up to $800. ( Touareg TDI anybody?)
- If you lease, there’s no security deposit.
- No credit history or Co-signer required. (must have no previous derogatory credit)
- A tier credit so yo get the best rates VW offer
According to rumors circulating between people in the know, Volkswagen will add the option of having 3 seats in the back of the CC when the 2012 .5
model goes on sale this fall. Along with the more practical back seat will come updated front and rear end design to bring the car along the lines of the new VW family look. Other rumors point to a sunroof option in the Sport and Lux models and killing the 4 seat configuration all together. While a 5 seater is nothing new to europeans people in the states have been asking for one since day one and when you considerer that they had that rear seat in the parts bin since 2007 it makes you wonder what took them so long.