Category Archives: 2012
The website has seem increased traffic and I am looking to make it easier to use and for users to interact with each other so here is whats comign down the pipe:
- New better website
- Community message bards
- Archives that are easier to search
– Funding: At this time I have funding for 20% of the project. if you would like to advertise with us please send me a email to email@example.com for advertising options. If you would like to send a paypal donation send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
– Database migration: I am looking for someone that could migrate the entire wordpress data base to its new home at Network solutions. I will also have to migrate the domain name so that it points to the new website.
– Design work: Most of it is already done and I will have a preview of it soon.
Those looking to place an order for a 2012 car today is the day! . Keep in mind that dealers can no longer ask for “custom” orders. Cars ordered today will be built in August and delivered in Sept.
A few notable items:
– Touareg executive can not be ordered at this time
– 2012 Jetta orders wont start until next month
– First order for 2012 Routan
– Tiguan, Passat and Beetle join the new MBO ordering system based on overall dealer preferences not individual cars request.
All orders MUST be in by close of business on Friday, June 24, 2011.
Rumor was that VW considered bringing the special edition GTI 35 to the states. Today VW of America said that there is no way in hell that car is coming here! Ok maybe they weren’t so harsh about it but yeah, it is not coming here. VW’s excuse is that the GTI sells well as it is, the Golf R will be out soon and the curbs in the US will destroy the front bumper ( 2004 GLI 1.8T ring any bells?).
As a consolation price they have released an app for iOS devices featuring the GTI 35 and all 6 GTI generations racing around a track. How unfair would it be to put a MKI up agaist an MKVI? if you want the App you can get it from this itunes link.
The 2012 Beetle doesn’t go on sale until Sept but VW is now giving ypu the chance to be among the first to have one. For a $495 refundable deposit you can order one of the 600 Black Turbo launch edition models. The cars will retail for $24,950 and will all be black. head over to VW.com for all the details.