Upgrade your car with VW’s touchscreen RNS-510 navigation
Posted by Jay Pichardo
For those still kicking them selves in the butt for not spending the extra $40 a month to get a car with navigation or those that simply want to upgrade to the new touch screen unit (if you have the old MFD-2 nav unit we have a 12 step program and counseling available) here is a solution for you. The guys at OEM Plus have put together a retro fit kit you can get your hands on. With a retail price of just over $2200 plus installation it is a bit more than the factory installed unit but you can always sell your radio and make up the difference. This unit will fit in most 2006 and latter Volkswagens with the premium VII six disc in dash changer or Premium VIII touch screen radio, Click here to find out more .
If you would like to add the impressive new RNS-510 navigation system to your Golf, Jetta, Passat, Eos or Tiguan then this kit will include everything you need. Kit includes navigation unit, radio code, GPS antenna, FAKRA antenna adaptor.
- High resolution (800 x 480 pixel) 6.5 inch touch screen display
- Split-screen (map and symbol displays)
- Display in instrument cluster
- Integrated 30 GB hard drive (10 GB Navigation / 20 GB Audio Files)
- Audio CD (WMA and MP3) and video DVD playback
- Built in Sirius and HD Radio Tuner
- SD memory card slot
- Multimedia socket (Aux-in) for connection of MP3 players, located in center console
– Lead time is 1 week for delivery of these units
– Special order item
– Units are tested prior to shipping and guaranteed to not be DOA
– Map discs can be obtained direct from http://www.Navteq.com
– Don’t forget to add your TV Free Module, FISCON Bluetooth and/or Media-In Kit, bundle
pricing available, please contact us for details.
Posted on December 16, 2009, in aftermarket, CC, Diesel, EOs, Golf, GTI, How to, Jetta, Navigation, Passat, Radio, TDI, Tech, Tiguan and tagged Navigation, Radio, Rcd, retrofit, RNS. Bookmark the permalink. 36 Comments.